In these terms and conditions, “we”/”us” means Abinger Garage Door Services whose principal trading address: Unit 11, Upper Leewood Farm Yard, Effingham Common Road, Leatherhead, Surrey, KT24 5JQ.
Terms And Conditions will be updated as necessary – Last Update 16-07-22
- You will grant us access to the premises during our normal working hours to carry out the agreed works and for any subsequent remedial work if required. You agree to provide access to services and facilities such as electricity, water and toilets at no cost. You also agree that, where necessary, you will allow us to bring ladders, scaffolds or vehicles on to the premises in order to complete our contractual obligations.
2. All goods remain the property of Abinger Garage Door Services until account is settled in full.
- We do not carry out any enquiries as to what consents may be required and it is your responsibility to ensure that you have obtained at your cost any consent that may be required for the contract to proceed. Such consents include, but are not limited to, those applicable to listed buildings, conservation areas or situations where Landlord or Freeholder consent is required.
- We will use our best efforts to honour any installation date given, but there are occasions on which we are forced to cancel installations at short notice due to factors that are outside our reasonable control. Such factors include (but are not limited to) adverse weather or traffic conditions, mechanical breakdown, or illness. If we are unable to meet an installation date, we shall give you as much notice as possible and arrange an alternative convenient date, but we shall not be liable for any losses that you may have suffered as a result of any such cancellation or delay.
- We do not undertake to remove the door that we are replacing intact and shall dispose of the old door at the end of the installation.
- We will invoice you on completion of the installation. Payments can be made by cheque payable to Abinger Garage Door Services or by BACS to our nominated Bank account as appears on our invoice. Payment to be made within 14 days.
- When you sign and submit the Order to Us, this does not mean We have accepted your order for Goods and/or Services. Our acceptance of the Order will take place when we acknowledge the order. If We are unable to supply you with the Goods and/or Services, We will inform you of this and We will not process the Order.
Our Warranty does not cover the following :
1. Any damage caused by your failure to follow the regular maintenance instructions that are set out within the User Guide that you were given at the time of installation.
2. Where the door is affixed to a wooden frame, any damage caused by your failure to periodically to coat the wood with a protective sealant.
3. Any modifications, adjustments or repairs to the product that have not been carried out by us.
4. Consumables such as batteries, fuses and bulbs.
5. Nothing within our guarantee affects our obligation to exercise reasonable care and skill when performing the contract and to use products that are of satisfactory quality and fit for their normal purpose. Further information about your statutory rights can be obtained from your local Citizens Advice Bureau or Trading Standards Department.
6. Every installation of a new door is guaranteed against defective materials or workmanship for two years subject to normal use and reasonable maintenance which includes regular oiling of all moving parts, Manufacturer’s warranty varies and can be found on manufacture’s web site.
Quotations and estimates
1. Quotation and estimates are valid for twenty eight days from the date of issue, during which you are entitled to make an order. After 28 days, you must ask for a new quotation or estimate from us.
2. Unless specifically stated, the quotation/estimate does not include the cost of making good loose, rotten or damaged brickwork, pointing, rendering, floor or timbers.
3. You are responsible for clearing the area where the products are to be fitted and we cannot be held responsible for any loss or damage caused to items not removed or adequately protected by you, unless the loss or damage is caused by our negligence.
1.You may cancel orders up to fourteen days after placing an order (Unless goods ordered are bespoke, already in the manufacturing process, Been dispatched or are ready for installation in which case you will be liable for all associated costs).
2. Any products that are made to measure and are not sold “off the shelf”. As they are bespoke products, you do not have any right to cancel this contract in accordance with the Consumer Contracts (Information, Cancellation and Additional Charges) Regulations 2013, where those Regulations apply.
COMPLAINTS PROCEDURE :
1.Any complaint will be dealt with promptly, effectively and courteously, in accordance with good business practice
2. If you are dissatisfied with our response please put your complaint in writing to the above address or email to email@example.com
3. No attempt will be made to restrict your statutory rights.
Data Protection :
1.Data will be processed fairly and lawfully.
2.Data will only be obtained for a specified and lawful purpose and processed in a manner in keeping with that purpose.
3.The data we collect will be adequate for the purpose of suppling the agreed specific service or product intended.
4. Personal Data shall be accurate and where necessary kept up to date.
5. Personal Data shall not be kept for longer than necessary to enable the satisfactory completion of a project or until a maintenance contract is cancelled. In addition Legal documents such as invoices that contain VAT transactions will be kept for any statutory period as required by HMRC.
6. Customers have a right commonly known as “subject access request” to have access to full details of any data held by us. Customers also have a right to stop or prevent us from selling, giving or lending their data to any third party for the purposes of direct marketing. Customers also have a right to claim compensation if we deliberately break the Data Protection Act regulations.
We highly recommend that you implement maintenance advice recommended by our Installation Team. A Garage door is the biggest moving part on your property and like any other household item will incur wear and tear. It is constantly exposed to climate changes and consequently will require maintenance.
Abinger Garage Door Services, Unit 11 Upper Leewood Farm Yard, Effingham Common Road, Effingham, Leatherhead, Surrey, KT24 5JQ, 01306 730801, 07906 898924, firstname.lastname@example.org
VAT Number 306 3780 12